What follows are the core values that we trust and hold to. It is in essence, our Statement of Faith. Their source is God's infallible written Word; the 66 books of the Old and New Testaments.
* We believe that these Scriptures were uniquely, verbally and fully inspired by the Holy Spirit and that they were written without error (inerrant) in the original manuscripts.
* These Scriptures provide the complete revelation of His will for the salvation of humanity and the divine and final infallible authority for all Christian faith and life, in all matters on which they speak.
* We embrace those areas of doctrinal teaching on which there is historically, general agreement among all biblical Christians. Recognizing that there are differences on some doctrinal matters, we believe that any interpretation must be based upon the Bible alone.
* We trust there to be but one true and infinitely perfect God who is the Creator and sustainer of all things, eternally existing in three persons - Father, Son, and Holy Spirit - each of whom possesses equally all the attributes of Deity and the characteristics of personality.
* We believe that Jesus Christ was begotten of the Holy Spirit and born of the Virgin Mary and is true God and true man. The Holy Spirit was sent by the Father, as promised, to convict the world of sin, to glorify Jesus and to transform the lives of believers into the likeness of Christ.
* We believe that man was created sinless in the image of God; that he sinned by voluntarily and individually chose to disobey God's command and thereby incurred not only physical death but also spiritual death, which is separation from God. It is because of this 'original sin' that all human beings are born with a sinful nature and in the case of those who reach moral responsibility, become sinners in thought, word and deed.
* We believe that the Lord Jesus Christ was sinless, and died as a representative and voluntary substitute sacrifice for our personal sins, and that all who believe in Him are redeemed and justified before Holy God, solely on the ground of His shed blood.
* We believe in the resurrection of the crucified body of our Lord, His ascension into heaven, and His present life for us as High Priest and Advocate.
* We believe Man's nature is corrupted by sin, and that we are thus totally unable to please God. Every man is in need of regeneration and renewal by the Holy Spirit.
* We trust that the salvation of man is wholly a work of God's free grace and is not in any way of human works, goodness or religious ceremony. God imputes His righteousness to those who put their faith in Christ, alone for their salvation, and thereby justified them in His sight.
* We believe that all who receive by faith, the Lord Jesus Christ, are born of the Holy Spirit and thereby become children of God, adopted into the family of God, a relationship in which they are eternally secure.
* We believe that the Holy Spirit dwells in all believers, giving guidance to the fuller experience of truth which He gives those who diligently seek Him through the Holy Scriptures, prayer, and worship.. We believe that all believers are to earnestly seek Him daily, so to evidence within their lives the fruit of the Holy Spirit found in Galatians 5:22-23, which is: "love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self control". If you'd like a new life in Christ and become a follower of Jesus, click on this sentence.
* We believe that there are Spiritual Gifts given each of us by God, distributed according to His will, and that it is God's will that each should use whatever gift or gifts they have received to live out the Great commandment, which is: "You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind. This is the great and first commandment. And a second is like it: You shall love your neighbor as yourself. Matthew 22:37-39
* We believe in the bodily resurrection of the just and of the unjust; the everlasting blessedness of the saved [just], and the everlasting conscious punishment of the lost [unjust] along with Satan and the other fallen angels.
* We believe that Jesus desires a deep personal and intimate walk with believers, and that it is available only to those who believe in Christ's redemptive love, and that the "Living Water" available from Him is a significant part of our salvation through Spiritual growth in sanctification.
* Because of this, every believer is called to live an abundant life in the power of the indwelling Spirit, so that he will not fulfill the lust of the flesh but will bear fruit to the glory of God.
* Jesus Christ is the Head of the Church. The church is composed of all those, living and dead, who have been joined to Him through saving faith. Similarly, we are taught that as Christ is head of the Church, Man is the head of the Woman, not to rule over her, but as joint heirs of the Kingdom of God, with different roles and responsibilities.
* We believe that the assembly for regular worship of God for those who believe in Christ, and the participation in ordinances of baptism and communion, are for edification through the Scriptures and for mutual encouragement and as a testimony of faith and remembrance of Christ's sacrifice for us.
* We trust in the hope that at physical death these believers enter immediately into eternal, conscious fellowship with the Lord and await the resurrection of their body to everlasting glory and blessing. Because those who do not embrace Christ will be unable to stand in God's presence because of their unredeemed sin, we know that their physical death the unbeliever brings them immediately into eternal, conscious separation from the Lord awaiting the resurrection of their body to everlasting judgment and condemnation.
* The Lord Jesus Christ commanded all believers to proclaim the Gospel throughout the world and to disciple men of every nation. The fulfillment of that Great Commission requires that all worldly and personal ambitions be subordinated to a total commitment to "Him who loved us and gave Himself for us.
* We believe in "that Blessed Hope," the personal, premillenial and imminent visible and bodily return of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. It is to this we look forward, as Christ's coming will usher in the completion of God's plan on earth and for all eternity.
* We believe that the Church is a spiritual organism made up of all believers in Christ; that in its local manifestation it is an autonomous assembly of believers; and that its ordinances are baptism and the Lord's Supper.
6719 North 58th Place
Paradise Valley, Arizona 85253
(480) 998-3919 - voice
(480) 948-7499 - fax
© 1998-2007 - Heritage Appreciation Council, Inc.